Wednesday, December 10, 2014

This and That

I've been a blogger slacker, but not a sewing slacker.  Here are my blades for the Sacagawea Sampler that I'm still working on.  This was pretty fast and makes into an 18" block.

Every year I bemoan the fact that I don't have any Christmas pillows, so this was the year to make it happen. I pulled out this tray of red and white strips and got busy.  How fast things go together when you don't' have to do any of the cutting.


So it almost happened.  I do have the pillow top quilted, the backing has been pre washed and pressed, the zippers are purchased.  The only thing missing is the time.  We all know that story.  There is a second red/white star pillow that is 3/4 quilted, so things are looking good for pillows Christmas 2015!

My friend PK made this table runner and never got back to the quilting part of ti.  I grabbed I from her sewing room in the summer, and now just need to post it back to her.  That's on my list of tasks for today.

I'd like to keep this one, it's simple, yet does the trick for a quick pick up in the decorating department.

Along with these projects, I've got customer quilts done, ready for them to bind and gift out over the Christmas season.  I've been poking away at our January What Not samples, good grief, could she use smaller pieces?  And staying the course on my hand quilting.

Hope you have time to sew during this busy season.

Sharon

8 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW! You have been busy and productive--love your red and white Christmas pillows

Louise said...

Sharon your star turned out beautiful. Okay so you are at least 1/2 mile ahead of me..great job I am going to try hard to catchup...

liz said...

I am impressed by your star. It looks pretty darn accurate, loving the red and whit e cushion too, may not be blogging as much, but isn't it about the sewing anyway?s

Mimi said...

Well, aren't we organized by having all those strips already cut! Everything is looking really good. I know all about that "time" thing. Here's hoping you and yours have a very Merry Christmas. ....even if your pillows won't be done this year. ;D

Karen said...

How much more do you have to do on the sampler? I remember the design and it is such a good quilt.

Janet O. said...

That is a pretty star!
How small are the pieces on the Whatnot samples? You have me curious.

Sharon said...

They finizh at 1" for lots of the 1/2 sq tri's.

Lori said...

That star is so pretty!