Monday, March 30, 2015

Pinch Me, I'm Published!!

I've been working on a few secret sewing projects and I can finally reveal the first one.  I've been busting at the seams to talk about this and I can finally share it with you.  OK  on with my news.
American Patchwork and Quilting has picked up my first magazine submission! 

“Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2015 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.”
 
My first publication and I'm SO excited.  This might sound like an Oscar speech, but thanks have to be given out first and foremost to Carol, the owner of my LQS, Fabric Etc.  This has happened because of her.  She encouraged me to submit this piece and with her nudging, I did and here it is.  Second thanks have to go to my guy TL.  Without his support and love, I doubt this would have happened. I'm so blessed to have so many fabulous, amazing, supportive and loving people in my life.  I truly am blessed. 

So go check out the magazine, the cover looks like this.  It should be in your mailbox very soon, if not already.  It will be on the newsstands April 7th.

“Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2015 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.”
 
I know I've been quiet lately, and for those who know me in person know this is out of character. I've just flat out been busy.  My longarm customer list has grown and the repeat business has been so amazing, so THANK YOU for that.
Then stay tuned for a fun give away.

20 comments:

Betsy said...

Congratulations Sharon. It is beautiful!

susis quilts said...

congratulations sharon,it really looks good!susi

Mcm said...

Congrats Sharon, what a thrill!

Pat said...

Big congratulations! Know alot of hard work went into this very striking design.

paulette said...

WHAT A THRILL!! Congrats to YOU...I am going to be buying this magazine...LOVE your pattern!! Your quilt is amazing! And so is the cover quilt! This magazine hit the jack-pot this month...thanks to you!
P

Kyle said...

Congrats! How exciting for you and how fabulous for everyone else who gets the opportunity to enjoy your wonderful design.

Lori said...

Congratulations Sharon! It seems like it takes forever before you can share these magazine quilts!

Nifty Quilts said...

Congratulations!! Your quilt is a fresh, fun debut for your new public quilting life! So happy for you.

Janet O. said...

Wonderful news, Sharon! You deserve it--you do beautiful work. That is a lovely design!

Louise said...

I couldn't be happier for you Sharon. As I keep telling you, you inspire me. Love the quilt, as someone else said it is very fresh looking. What an exciting time for you!

Karen said...

Very exciting news! Congratulations

Gayle said...

WooHoo! It's a wonderful quilt! Enjoy your time in the limelight!

Marlene said...

Congratulations. How exciting and what a great quilt.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Congratulations!

Brandie said...

I'm sew excited for you! I'm looking forward to seeing the mag and your pattern. Congrats!

Mimi said...

Sharon! Congrats. I got my magazine the other day and just flipped through it without doing any reading yet and when I saw this quilt, I thought of you because I remember when you were working on some similar or maybe they were these blocks. I am so excited for you. You're famous!!!

Karen said...

How exciting!

Dondi M said...

Congratulations! The quilt is deserving of praise. Let's hope your talented brain just keeps working hard to dream up more and more great quilts...

Nancy said...

Wow, what a treat to be published. It’s a great pattern and you deserve it. Glad your business has been growing.

Anonymous said...

Superb efforts! Keep updated more and more posts I’ll be here to wait for your posting. The Tree Center