Saturday, April 11, 2015

Not Enough Hours.........

I'm sure so many of you feel the same way.  We (I) have been moving my guy from 3000+ sq Ft to 1200 sq ft.  Oh yes, a lot of purging and donating has been going on around here.  The best thing was the Senior Center in town has an annual rummage sale and they took donations the week we moved.  I'm on first name basis with the ladies there now; I would pull up and they would say, "what do you have this time?".

Movers came Friday and today I could see his kitchen counter.  No boxes left to unpack in the kitchen and no empty cupboards either.  I can't say that about the spare room, but the closets are being renovated with shelving in 2 weeks.   However, today I did sneak in 30 minutes at my studio, so now the star count is 9.


These little devils are 4" finished.  Yikes!  I don't think I'll be doing round 3 of Kim Diehl's What Not's. 

Here is the new view from my guys new place.  It's a ground floor condo and he is going to love it here.  It's perfect for him.  Its funny how important the tide chart has become to me!  We love to fly kites, he can anchor his HobieCat in the bay right in front of his place, and it's a one mile walk along Birch Bay to a wonderful latte.


I can't wait to get back into my studio, I have a quilt on the machine right now that is 1/3 done, and a few ideas running through my mind now that I've had a bit of a break from things. 

Spring is here, the lilacs are just ready to burst out with their amazing fragrance, the tulips are just finishing up in my garden and the rhododendrons are starting to show their colors.  I love the smell in the air first thing in the morning, a fresh start to each day! 

Life is good!
Sharon

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am not doing the Simple Whatnots, but my friend is. I love this quilt you are working on. Watch out--small blocks can be addictive, or maybe it is just a genetic disorder. : )
Wow, what a gorgeous place. I'll bet those walks on the beach will be wonderful!

Louise said...

Sharon, you are good about staying on task...before you know it He will be all moved in and boxes unpacked.my lilacs are ready to pop as well. Bleeding hearts are doing their thing..by golly do you think spring has at long last arrived?

Lori said...

So fun to get in a few stitches between moving! Can't wait to see the place myself:)

Mimi said...

Well, I am glad you are getting a few stitches time and again. With all that moving, you need a little respite for your sanity. By the way, the blocks are gorgeous. Love them and even love them more knowing the are so little. I agree, there are never enough hours in a day, week, month..... Where oh where does the time go? I need to retire. Enjoy that view!

Anonymous said...

Superb efforts! Keep updated more and more posts I’ll be here to wait for your posting. The Tree Center